The platform is experiencing some issues - we are very sorry about it. Our engineers are already working on stabilizing the system. If you would like to get live updates on the status please subscribe on our status page here.
Getting started with Pay
Created on 2020-05-19 12:43:47; Last updated on 2020-12-02 15:00:12
This article explains how to create your Tradeshift account and how to set it up, in order to start creating and exchanging documents with your customer.
Activate your Tradeshift account
You may have already received information from your customer regarding their pending use of Tradeshift for invoicing or document exchange.
Please do not create an account on your own. Wait for the invitation from your customer.
Activating your Tradeshift account is easy. It begins with an invitation, initiated by your customer, for you to activate your account and join the Tradeshift network. Find the e-mail from email@example.com in your inbox. Below is an example of such an e-mail invitation:
- Click the Activate your free account button in the e-mail to proceed with activating your account.
Clicking the activation button will take you to the following Tradeshift webpage, where you will have to validate and enter your company information.
- Fill in your company name and select the country you are tax registered in. These fields may be pre-filled.
- (Optional) Select your company size from the drop-down list that will appear on the right side of the screen.
- (Optional) Select your industry from the drop-down list that will appear on the right side of the screen.
- Select your payment preferences and click confirm to proceed to the next screen.
In the next screen you will be asked to fill in your personal information.
- Fill in your first and last name.
- The e-mail address may be pre-filled. If not, enter the e-mail address you will use to log in.
- Add a password. Note that it should be at least 10 characters long and it needs to include at least one uppercase character.
- Select your language from the drop-down list that will appear on the right side of your screen.
- Add your company logo by clicking on the add logo box. A window will open and you will need to select the JPEG or PNG file from your computer. Add company description in the designated box next to your logo.
- Fill in the company’s address information and click proceed to complete your profile information.
Once this form is full, click the create account button and you'll be redirected to your Tradeshift account page.
Once on your Tradeshift profile, you will be asked to fill in your profile information.
You can update your company profile further by using the profile app. Access the complete guide on profile here. You can also add more users
to your company account. Access the step-by-step guide here.
Connect with other companies
Once you have created an account on Tradeshift, you may receive campaign e-mails from customers that want to connect with you.
If you’ve received a campaign e-mail, click the accept button in the e-mail to proceed to the platform.
You will be asked to log into your Tradeshift account. Fill in your e-mail address and password. If you have forgotten your password, you can use the forgot your password option to change it via the reset password e-mail that you will receive.
Note that the app that you last worked with will appear on your screen once you log into the Tradeshift platform. Look for the network app in your left sidebar.
1. Your connection will be pending in the Tradeshift Network tab as indicated below.
2. Click on accept to establish the connection.
Create documents using Tradeshift
Using Tradeshift’s web portal, you can create a variety of documents. The 'Create' launcher allows you to easily create any of the standard document types available on Tradeshift, which are:
- Pre-payment invoice
- Goods receipt
- Written request
- Invoice from order
- Credit Note
- Purchase Order
- Pro Forma Invoice
- Prepayment Invoice
This article will show you the different ways to create an invoice on Tradeshift’s web portal.
If you made a mistake on an invoice and submitted it already to your customer, you may want to issue a credit note, which can credit the full amount on the invoice and zero out the balance. Have a look at this article to understand the credit note creation process.
Tradeshift's Document Manager is an application that provides businesses with a comprehensive overview of the documents they have sent and received via Tradeshift, as well as the most relevant document details. This is all achieved via its central feature, the user-friendly table view.
On Tradeshift, invoices can be "flipped" into credit notes with the click of a button. To do so, please consult this article.
To flip a purchase order into an invoice, consult this article.
A document status is a property that all documents have, which describes how far along the document is in the process. To get accustomed to the basic and special states of a document, read this article.
Manage your Tradeshift account
To explore more applications, select apps from the sidebar of the Tradeshift platform, once you have logged in. Some of the most used applications are:
- Create Documents
- Network Manager
- Document Manager
- Tradeshift University
Find more information about apps here.
Learn everything that you need to know in Tradeshift University, our new e-learning center with easy-to-watch video courses.
Access these courses and take full advantage of everything we have to offer:
- Getting Started with Tradeshift
- Your Tradeshift Profile
- The Network
- Document Basics
- Create and Submit an Invoice
Flip a Purchase Order into an Invoice
You can find the University app in the app launcher, after you log into the Tradeshift platform.
4 people found this helpful.