The platform is experiencing some issues - we are very sorry about it. Our engineers are already working on stabilizing the system. If you would like to get live updates on the status please subscribe on our status page here.
How do I create an invoice?
Created on 2016-10-11 20:36:25; Last updated on 2019-11-20 07:00:05
This article will show you the different ways to create an invoice on Tradeshift’s web portal. If you are using EDI to invoice your customers, have a look at these articles. If you are looking to convert and upload PDF invoices on Tradeshift, take a look at our Documents Uploader app.
- From the “Create document” launcher
- From the Network Manager
- By flipping a Purchase Order into an Invoice
- By using an already existing invoice as a draft
From the “Create Documents” launcher
The "Create Documents" launcher allows you to easily create any of the six standard document types available on Tradeshift, which are:
- Prepayment Invoice
- Pro Forma Invoice
- Credit Note
- Purchase Order
- You can search for the recipient in the search bar. If the recipient is not found, you can add an external connection manually (For more information read about the benefits of the Business Network).
- Fill in details for
- Invoice Number
- Issue Date
- Payment Due Date
- Delivery Date
- (Optional) any relevant additional fields
- Fill out Invoice Line items
- Specify payment method
- Upload any optional file attachments
- You may save the invoice as a draft, preview the finished invoice or send it to the recipient.
From the Network
- Open the Network app
- Select the Contact in your Network you want to invoice, and click the dots at the level of the contact
- Choose “Create Document” and then “Invoice”
- You can then complete your invoice, as explained above.
By flipping a Purchase Order to an Invoice
- Open the Documents list
- Find the Purchase Order you wish to invoice against
- Click the document, and select “Create invoice” from the side menu
The invoice will then be pre-populated with the information Purchase Order
- First enter an invoice number. You will notice that the fields below are pre populated, as this is a PO based invoice and only require the PO number.
- If you only want to partially invoice the PO, you can change the lines accordingly.
- When you are ready to submit the invoice you should click the green “Send” button at the bottom of the screen.
By using an already existing invoice as draft
- Open the Invoice you'd like to use as draft
- Click the "Use as draft" button at the top of the screen
- Choose whether you want to send the new invoice to the same recipient or to another contact. Based on this, the recipient field will adjust.
- Fill out the new invoice normally, and send!
106 people found this helpful.