The platform is experiencing some issues - we are very sorry about it. Our engineers are already working on stabilizing the system. If you would like to get live updates on the status please subscribe on our status page here.
I have sent an invoice, but realized that I made a mistake. How do I correct this?
Created on 2016-10-11 20:36:26; Last updated on 2022-01-18 04:00:08
Due to VAT certification, an invoice that has already been sent cannot be modified directly. If you have made a mistake or you wish to change something in an invoice, then you can do so by creating a credit note related to that invoice. Essentially, a credit note will invoice the same amount in negative, but it doesn’t void the original invoice.
To create a credit note, you should follow the steps below:
1. Open the Document Manager app, then select the invoice that you want to modify from the list.
2. Open the invoice that you want to change by clicking on it. Within the “Document Options” tab, click on “Create credit note”.
3. This will generate a credit note with the same information as your original document. Don’t forget to check that it is all correct before sending it.
4. Go back to the Document Manager and find the original invoice that required changes. Click the document again, then select “Use as draft” to create a new invoice based on this one. You should use the next available invoice number, not the same one as in your original invoice. Using the same number is not possible, because creating a credit note does not technically void or cancel your previous invoice.
5. Add any details or make the changes that are needed, then send your invoice by clicking on the "Send" button.
352 people found this helpful.