The platform is experiencing some issues - we are very sorry about it. Our engineers are already working on stabilizing the system. If you would like to get live updates on the status please subscribe on our status page here.
How do I create an invoice using "Create Document" launcher?
Created on 2019-12-13 21:08:32; Last updated on 2020-09-19 12:00:11
While there are different ways to create and send invoices using the Tradeshift platform, this article will highlight how to create and submit an invoice using the Create Documents Launcher option.
You can check your customer's support page for their preferred method of invoice submission, by clicking the Support icon in the launcher.
Before submitting your invoice:
A few details are required to be present in your account profile, in order for you to send documents.
If required details are missing, you will get a request to add them when sending your first document.
These mandatory details can be added beforehand in the Profile app, accessed from the launcher.
- Additional information regarding your company profile details and completion is here
- Additional information regarding tax identifiers in your profile can be found here
Contact your Company Administrator for assistance, if you are not authorized to make profile changes or do not know your company identifiers.
Invoice submission from the "Create Documents" launcher
The "Create Documents" launcher allows you to easily create any of the six standard document types available on Tradeshift, which are:
- Prepayment Invoice
- Pro Forma Invoice
- Credit Note
- Purchase Order
To create and submit a basic invoice, simply open it from the launcher and select Invoice, then complete the invoice template as shown in the next steps.
1. You can search for the recipient in the search bar (hint: begin typing the name to locate options). If the recipient is not found, you can add an external connection manually (For more information check articles in the "Network and connections" category of our knowledge base).
- Invoice Number
- Issue Date
- Payment Due Date
- Delivery Date
- (Optional) Any relevant optional fields
3. Complete Invoice Line items:
a. Add a new (blank) item line to the invoice template
b. Add a header charge (such as shipping), a discount, or separate tax charge (see below for more details)
c. This changes "price per unit" to "price per quantity" for your invoicing needs.
4. Specify payment method.
5. Add any notes to the recipient.
6. Click to add attachments, such as a PDF invoice copy or a spreadsheet.
7. You may save the invoice as a draft, preview the finished invoice or send it to the recipient.
Clicking "Preview" will mimic sending the document first, if you would like to see error callouts before sending.
Clicking "Send" will also show error callouts, and will send the document to the customer if there are no errors.
Adding tax, header charges or discounts
The way to add tax, charges (such as shipping) or discounts from header level can be added to invoices as shown below:
Below the invoice lines, click the option to "add header charge, discount or tax"
This will make a line which you can make specific additions:
- Choose which type of line
- Add detail in the free form field
- Choose the type from dropdown menu
- Add value of the line
- Choose if the line value is a percentage of the invoices value or specified currency value
- Add or adjust tax for just this charge or discount
Note: the "Create from existing document" option at top of template will allow you to:
- Upload a document copy, and scan it for submission to your recipient
- this requires you to validate the invoice, make corrections, then click send
- OR use an existing Tradeshift invoice as the basis for a new invoice
We recommend using the platform user interface (UI) for submitting your first invoices, to allow time for our Machine Learning abilities to experience your invoicing habits.
You can find information about the other invoice submission methods in these Knowledge Base articles:
- From the network manager
- by using a PO ("PO Flip")
- by using an existing invoice as a draft
Have more questions?
- You can find answers, or submit a ticket to our Support team, by clicking the "Support" icon from the launcher
- There are also helpful video courses in our Tradeshift University
1 people found this helpful.